Peco NR-P429 7 Plank Wagon, 'Small & Son', No.17 | N Scale
Small & Son were a merchant supplying coal, coke, brick, stone, corn, fertiliser and agricultural feed. The business was based in Taunton and had depots at various stations around Somerset and East Devon. Small & Son built up a large fleet of over forty private owner wagons through regular purchases from the Gloucester Railway Carriage & Wagon Co. between 1892 and 1911.
Private owner wagons abounded prior to nationalisation, they would often be seen far from their base as they were sent to collect raw materials and supplies such as coal, and deliver finished goods. All Peco wagons feature free running wheels in pin point axles. The ELC coupling, whilst compatible with the standard N gauge couplings, keeps a realistic distance between vehicles and enables the PL-25 electro magnetic decoupler to be used for remote uncoupling.
|BUILD DATE/ERA||Era 2 (1875-1922) |
"The Big Four"
|Era 3 (1923-1947) |
|OPERATOR||Small & Son|
|LOAD||Coal Load Added|
|COUPLING FITTED||Peco ELC Coupling|