Hornby R1236 Mixed Freight Digital Train Set | OO Gauge
This set represents the ideal introduction to the benefits of digital control, once fully assembled. Both of the featured locomotives; the Class 08 0-6-0 diesel shunter and the Class 2721 0-6-0PT steam locomotive, are factory fitted with Hornby’s 8-pin digital decoder and are immediately ready to run using the supplied ‘Select’ digital controller. Reference to the start-up guides in the enclosed Operator’s Manual allows for independent control of each locomotive, even though they may be operating on the same oval of track and also includes instructions for learning further digital control skills, such operating both locomotives in unison on a ‘double-header’ train or utilising the extended slow running characteristics to shunt wagons into the layout’s siding with precision.
- Class 08 Shunter
- Class 2721 Steam Locomotive
- Assorted Wagons
- Track Mat
- Starter Oval Track PLUS Track Extension Pack A
- Hornby Select Digital Controller
- Power Transformer (AUS/NZ plug)
- Instruction Manual
Growing and Expanding your Model Train Set
Hornby Starter Train sets can easily be expanded with the addition of Track Accessory Packs and Building Accessory Packs, which will help you recreate the layout provided on the Track Mat. Track Accessory Packs are designed to be purchased in sequence (starting with A, followed by B and so forth). The Building Accessory Packs can be purchased in any order. These items make for wonderful Birthday / Christmas gifts and encourage growth and developement of your model railway train set.
This train set can be expanded with the following:
- TRACK EXPANSION PACKS
- Hornby R8221 Track Extension Pack A (Included)
- Hornby R8222 Track Extension Pack B
- Hornby R8223 Track Extension Pack C
- Hornby R8224 Track Extension Pack D
- Hornby R8225 Track Extension Pack E
- Hornby R8226 Track Extension Pack F
- BUILDING ACCESSORY PACKS
- Hornby R8227 TrackMat Building Accessories Pack 1
- Hornby R8228 TrackMat Building Accessories Pack 2
- Hornby R8229 TrackMat Building Accessories Pack 3
- Hornby R8230 TrackMat Building Accessories Pack 4
- Hornby R8231 TrackMat Building Accessories Pack 5
This locomotive is DCC FITTED by the manufacturer with a Hornby R8249 8-pin 4 function decoder onboard.
|DCC TYPE||DCC Fitted|
|BUILD DATE/ERA||Era 3 (1923-1947)
"The Big Four"
|Era 7 (1972-1982)
"British Railways TOPS"
|OPERATOR||Great Western Railway (GWR) - Steam Loco|
|British Railways (BR) - Diesel Loco|
|CLASS||Class 2721 - Steam Loco|
|Class 08 - Diesel Loco|
|LIVERY||GWR Green & BR Red|
|RUNNING NO||2702 & 08965|
|MOTOR TYPE||Type 7|
|COUPLING||Hornby D-Ring Coupling (non-nem type_|