Bachmann 31-434 Midland Class 1F '41803' in British Railways Black | OO Gauge
Introduced in 1878 by Samuel W. Johnson, the Midland 1377 Class were a 0-6-0T tank locomotive identical to the 1102 class but were built without a rear to the cab, having only a short cab roof. These locomotives were affectionately nicknamed 'half-cabs' as a result, and were given the power classification of 1F.
185 locomotives were constructed during the operation of Midland Railways and all passed to the London, Midland and Scottish Railway (LMS) during the grouping of the networks in 1923. Withdrawals of this locomotive started in 1927 with only 72 locomotives survived to pass on to British Railways ownership in 1948. The last withdrawal of this locomotive occured in September 1965. The class had only lasted as long as it had because the Midland Railway had signed a contract in 1866 to provide shunting engines to Staveley Ironworks for 100 years; the 1Fs, as they were by then, were the only locomotives suitable to perform this duty.
This locomotive is DCC READY and takes a 6-pin type decoder.
|DC TYPE||DCC Ready, 6-pin|
|DIMENSIONS||110mm / 4.3in length|
|BUILD DATE||Era 4 (1948-1956)
"British Railways - Early Crest"
|OPERATOR||British Railways (BR)|
|LIVERY||British Railways Black|
|CLASS||Midland Class 1F|
|COUPLING||NEM Pocket Type
(fitted with Bachmann Tension Lock)